Savonah was badly scalded by boiling hot water when she was 3 years old after she sneaked downstairs and pulled boiling water out of the microwave, accidentally spilling it onto herself. This caused severe 3rd degree burns to her chest and arm along with additional 2nd and 1st degree burns. She needed a skin graft taken from her back to help repair the burns on her arm. It was probably 10 years later when I met Savonah. I remember how energetic and happy she was. Her personality was unique and she came across as very outgoing and fearless.
"I was so afraid of what people would say to me about my scars, I pretty much lived in a long sleeve shirts and sweaters. I really didn’t want any one to see it. It terrified me when I was younger but now I don’t even notice the scar on my arm anymore. If I meet someone new, they always start there sentence with, "I really don’t mean to ask but... what happened?" It shows me that I was afraid of nothing." - Savonah